Search This Blog

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Painting Pottery

I have a new favorite thing! Painting pottery! My aunt and cousin took me to Color Me Mine in Florida and it was just about the most fun time ever! I honestly expected it to be totally lame, but I ended up loving it so much. And I recently learned that my grandparents used to own their own painting pottery studio! So that makes me feel close to them now that it's the new fad and I want to do it all the time!

I've only been three times, but I positively LOVE it! The first time I went I painted a mug for myself and my GENIUS little cousin suggested I make my very own "Chip" cup! So I did!!


The second time I went was for Mother's Day, and I actually don't have a picture of what I made for my wonderful mother but it was a piece of tile that I painted with a sun and wrote, "You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine." Because she used to sing that to my brother and me and her mother to her.

The last time I went was after I moved to Houston (a couple of weeks ago), I found a location here in Cypress and made a mug for my dad for Father's Day because the design on the one I got him a few years ago is wearing off. 


I'm really proud of both of the mugs I have made!! I want to make a plate or something else now! I cannot wait to go with my cousins and make tons of wonderful unique items! 


No comments:

Post a Comment