Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Theme Parties

I would really like to try to write a post at least once a week; so I decided that this week I will tell you all about all the themed parties my friends and I have hosted throughout our college years.

Last night I went to a redneck engagement party and it got me thinking about all the other times I had to get a costume together for a fantastic theme party! The party last night was done so well! They had beer cans strewn together by string for a banner, and they also had them hanging from trees. They had some old toys tossed out into the lawn as well as an old car! People dressed in cut-off t-shirts and jorts (jean shorts). It was all very redneck. 

I wrote a previous post about one of our Disney parties, but it actually was not the first! This theme of a party is always a success because every one loves at least one Disney movie or character, so you can usually count on all of your guests to be dressed up and you gotta love it when they get really in to it! 

Cinderella, The Mad Hatter, Hannah Montana, and Jasmine
Cruella Deville and one of the one hundred and one dalmations

Woody, The Mad Hatter and Brink

The Mad Hatter and Prince John
Another one that I went to awhile ago is a very popular and ALWAYS fun theme party: 80s! People dressed in leggings and leg warmers with big hair and bright colors! This one is also an easy one to do these days, since, let's face it, we all dress like we're in the 80s anyway, am I right?


We had most of our theme parties back when I lived at The Baker. One of which was our Jungle party! Really, just some awesome excuse to wear animal print. 




One of the themes we did that was also a huge success was our cowboys and indians party! It was also a good one for people to be able to throw together at the last minute... lots of our friends in Tennessee own cowboy boots and all that jazz.



We put together one of our theme parties right after a Tennessee game that worked out fairly well: A Hawaiian themed party!! Really, we just threw some leis in there and called it a theme! And of course, it was awesome!



I'll try to think if there are any more awesome theme parties we put together over the years. Honestly, I think they're the best kind of parties! 
Halloween is coming up. It is one of my favorite times of the year... must be why I love those theme parties so much... coming up with clever costumes is just the best!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous post! All these photos are brilliant. I personally adore themed parties because these are so fun. My sister’s birthday is coming and I would love to host shabby chic themed birthday bash at domestic Chicago event venues. Gathering some fun ideas for that.

    ReplyDelete