Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

Letting my TOMS SHINE!

TOMS shoes are awesome. But they get holes. So instead of throwing them out, I decided to add a bit of flare to my old pair to make them look like new!
Here is the finished product:

And this is how I did it:
First I gathered all the essentials: Fray Block, Liquid Stitch (can be purchased at WalMart), scissors, and fabric that is already hemmed (I used a bandana purchased from WalMart) and of course, your TOMS!

First, you want to put the fray block on the part of your shoes that has the holes. So I put it all on the back of my shoes.

Then cut your fabric for the front and back of your shoes, but make sure to cut pieces larger than needed, you'll go back and cut after gluing.

Use the Liquid Stitch to glue the fabric to your TOMS. Put glue all over the section and place the fabric so that the hemmed section is at the top where there is a hem on your shoes.

When doing the top half, place the fabric on and flatten it over the tip and fold the sides in, and hold it so the glue will take hold. I also added glue under the fold so it would stay.

After the glue has dried, take the scissors and cut along the base of the fabric, tuck it into the crease of the shoe and add glue as needed.

The final step is to add Fray Block to the edges of all the fabric that does not have a built-in hem (the bottom and the sides of the back). And then you're done!! Beautiful like new TOMS!






No comments:

Post a Comment